Computer won't boot

M

M'nameisJeff

So I just recently bought a new m.2 SSD(from samsung) and a New computer case. And I already have a 240gb kingston ssd as a boot drive, but I wanted to switch it to the new m.2 SSD as boot drive, So i first started with copying the entire kingston SSD boot drive to the new m.2 SSD using an app(don't remember the name) and I went to bios and switch the boot order to m.2 SSD first and it works like a charm. I ended up formatting the original Kingston SSD and use it as a normal drive to store files. I carry on to use the system for an entire week without facing any problem, then I finally decide to switch my case. So I switch out all my stuff into my new NZXT 150i case, and after finishing the build I boot the computer, and the screen wouldn't light up(While all the rgb fans was spinning and working), I went back to speculate anything I failed to plug in until I finally realize that I forgot to plug in the power for my GTX 1700ti graphics card, and after doing that the computer screen still wouldn't light up(while rgb fans works), this got me worried, so I went back to re-plug motherboard power and cpu power and start up again and the screen still wouldn't light up. So I went on to restart again and this time it works and goes into windows log-in page. It was such a great relief, but this did not end the problem. Since then, its been roughly a month and it sill happens occasionally. Once every 2 or 3 days when I come home and turn on my pc the computer screen just wouldn't turn on( Im talking about not even going into bios), but usually if I force it off and restart again it would work, but I am worried that I am doing something wrong and it would eventually break my computer. Anyone know how to fix the problem?

My system:

MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard

R7 3700x CPU

Gtx 1700ti GPU ( with riser cable)

32gb DDR4 ram at 3000mhz

600 watz power supply

4 rgb corsair case fan

1TB samsung m.2 SSD

1TB hard drive

240 gb Kingston SSD

Continue reading...

Back