how would a new folder in desktop outlook be created, if I did NOT create it?

G

gmt3010

I have windows 7 64 bit, with microsoft 2013 and I use outlook app on my desktop (notebook)

I noticed a new folder created titled "sent" -- I did NOT create it. I had to have outlook reinstalled 18 months ago and during that process an "outbox" was created because all the mail in the sentmail folder could not be accessed. I could not delete it, move it etc. and therefore, the microsoft tech created an outbox, and THAT is where copies of my outgoing mail went.

This has been the case now for 18 months.

Then today just a few minutes ago I see this "sent" folder and I am floored. I am the ONLY user of my notebook and live along. I NEVER give passwords out, believe me, I am very security conscious. I don't use facebook or chrome because there is a lack of security in my opinion.

SO can anyone explain how this folder, which had mail in it, might have been created?

AND MIND YOU it had mail transferred in there that i had sent BEFORE this folder was created. Months before. It had perhaps ten to 12 sent emails, and most of them were mail sent before this folder was there. I know because I regularly check the "bulk" folder -- why ever THAT was created -- and the spam folder. I also now wonder how this "bulk" folder came to be because isn't that kind of mail just forwarded to the spam folder?

I am sorry this is so long, but I wanted to explain as best I could. I know this involves outlook, the app, BUT I chose this category because I feel it is more of a security situation. I feel that I change passwords enough, I choose bizarre ones, I am now changing a bunch of passwords over this, including my microsoft one.

I find this kind of thing very distressing. My notebook has been hacked before. After I had a new hard drive installed three years ago, someone left the "default" settings -- they said it was "default" -- on the browsers to store my credit card numbers which is somethingn I NEVER WOULD DO IN A MILLION YEARS. Well, someone got BOTH card numbers that I used, and used them. I wass not out money because my cc companies recognized the purchases as weird, but the fact is, someone got them from my notebook, the browser, and I am at a loss as to how other than hacking.

I have an HP Probook 4530 and use WEb root anti virus and firewall. I don't think any anti virus or firewall works that great, is my experience.

I appreciate anyone's insight into this, and also would not object to transferring this to the outlook app community but it never seems they are able to answer security questions.

Thank you in advance,

GMT.

Continue reading...