Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone suggest .....

G

gmt3010

I have windows 7 64 bit on an HP probook. I have been very pleased with windows 7 and wish Microsoft would not stop supporting it but am resigned to it.

So since I waited, I have to pay. I am hoping I can do that reasonably, but I also am going to need help. I want to make windows 10 look and work like 7, which I'm told one can do.

I also have a few things for example, I use my internet explorer browser exclusively to use and download video from my security cameras. It would have to be re-set up again (but the company that sold these to me can re-set up my cameras to use IE again). My question is 1) WILL there be an Internet Explorer? To use with Windows 10? I don't use IE for anything other than that, it just seemed like what used to be a great browser has gotten pushed aside by many others.

2) My second concern is, will Microsoft be providing help for those of us dreading this process and who want it to be as painless as possible? (I know, for a fee but it's worth not tearing one's hair out).

I also know don't take anyone's phone number here .... sad so many scammers.

3) What about reinstalling my outlook and microsoft word 2013? I have the receipt and the numbers you have to have to reinstall but, it is so very old, and I am REALLY worried that I am going to have a hard time getting all my stuff back. I paid for microsoft word 2013, just like I paid for microsoft word 2010, and at the time, it was extra for outlook because then they did not come as one. I don't want to hear anything about "oh we can't find that number" that long long number you get when you buy the product. that happened to me last time when I needed to reinstall my microsoft word. Not only do I have the receipt and number but i have that disk, the plastic thing you buy in the store, you go home and download it, but the tiny plastic case has the proof you purchased it. I don't care how old it is, I paid for it, I don't want to hear any excuses to not be able to re-install and use them.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what to do about that? I'm trying to prepare now. Last time I got the upgrade to word 2013 (after a crash) they kept saying at microsoft they couldn't find my verification and I had the plastic case and finally they found it some where, it is a formal proof of purchase with the serial number etc. I just am getting sick thinking about this now. This is why I waited.

4) This is another stupid question, but, with my documents, is there a way to upload in the "cloud" -- no I don't use it, but it might not be a bad idea to do that for documents. I also have external hard drives for my photos and videos. I am getting exhausted just thinking about this.

I am grateful for any suggestions, ideas, directions to where one can find more info/help such as using the cloud -- is there a fee? It must be.

what about all my HP stuff? And there is plenty. I could cry.

I remember way back when there was windows XP and that was such a fabulous OS, and it came in two disks if one had to reinstall, and it was so smart, so good, so easy, that when I had to reinstall after a crash, it practically did it all itself, most all it did everything except sing and dance. You just followed what it said on the notebook.

Anyway, I am dreading this. Any insight, suggestions are always welcome. I know, I should not have waited so long but I love windows 7 as much as XP.

thanks,

Gina

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom