Down loading W10 to a SSD or a HDD that is connected to a host pc

M

Mel Bates

Hello,

My hard drive crashed in my photography PC. I decided to upgrade the drive to a combination of a SSD for the OS, and the HDD for storage. I'm using my kids PC attempt loading W10 onto either of the drives...I need something manageable to get my system back up and running.

My system is the HP Pavilion 210Y 8GB RAM (increasing to the max of 16 in several days via Amazon), SSD is Samsung EVO 250, the HDD is WD 4TB Blue, Cloud External WD 3TB.

I've seen the struggles most have had setting up this array of OS SSD/Storage HDD and I'm hesitant to go this route, but as a photographer it would benefit me most storage wise.

I would be just as happy with the OS/Storage on one drive...the WD 4TB. I've been without my PC for almost a month, developing pictures on my phone...the worst move ever, but I have no choice. I need advice, and guidance to get back up and running. I have a second PC setup to download the OS to either drive, and access to Acronis. I need the disk to be bootable with the OS. Thanks for any assistance given!

Mel Bates

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom