ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ)

J

JMD___

I am trying to install a copy of Windows 10 to a newly built PC via USB drive.

For reference, the PC specs are:​

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz (2x8GB)

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB

BUT, I have encountered a few different errors while attempting to install Windows 10.

From this point on I'll recount the actions I have taken to attempt to resolve this issue (as briefly as I can).

1. After building the PC, I booted to an official Microsoft installation USB. I was prompted to select the correct settings for the install:

Here's an overview of my installation preferences:​

- Activation Key: None; I had used the key from the official installer on a previous build, so I plan to activate after installing Windows.​

- Version: Windows 10 Home​

- Storage: The single partition of the single SSD I have installed​

The problem is that part way through the installation (at about 30%), an error message appears...​

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Error Code: 0x80070570."

Naturally, I looked up the error code. Based on some quick research, it seemed as if there were 4 possible problems: RAM failure, hard drive damage, file system error, or Windows installation file error. So, I triple checked my parts' compatibility; all good there. I figured a brand new SSD from a reputable brand wouldn't likely be at fault. To me, the most likely cause would be a faulty installation USB . Which brings me to...​

2. I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 ISO file onto a separate USB drive. I then booted from it, choosing the same preferences.

Near the same point in the installation, a different error pops up.​

"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation."

But, even after restarting the installation, the same error occurs.​

3. After a few hours of research, over the course of more than 20 failed install attempts, the options I've tried include:

> Hardware Changes:​

- Using a friend's Samsung SSD in lieu of the SanDisk​

- Changing SATA ports​

- Plugging SSD in using a USB/SATA adapter (would not begin install in this case)​

- Used 1 DIMM / Used different DIMM slots​

- Used different USB ports for installer (front panel & rear IO)​

- Confirmed that all power and data cables were plugged in​

> Different BIOS Settings:​

- All Defaults​

- Setting my XMP profile to the RAM's rated speed​

- Disabling CSM​

- Used Windows UEFI boot mode​

- Used Other OS boot mode​

All these options have been exhausted without any luck, all resulting in the same "Windows could not prepare the computer..." error message.​

If anyone has any questions about my processes, and especially if you have any advice/suggestions, please let me know. All help is much appreciated. This has been a very frustrating process.

Thank You.

Continue reading...