Issues with Brand-New Computer

D

dsw78

https://www.microcenter.com/product/604738/g433-gaming-desktop-pc

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft, with Optifine but no other mods and a small Minecraft server, and Final Fantasy XIV), both completely freeze my video and audio output at random between three minutes and three hours of in-game time. The V/A freeze lasts for around half an hour before the computer BSODs and lets me sign back in, at which point (the one time it’s happened), it threw me a DPC Watchdog Violation error. Besides that, the only other issues in Event Viewer pertain to certain CLSIDs and APPIDs – DCOM 10016 warnings – that I’ve tried to modify both in the registry and using scripts, to no avail.

While I am playing the games, I have other apps (notably Firefox, Chrome, and Discord) running but have little tabs open and Hardware Acceleration disabled. I’ve looked at my Performance in Task Manager while I am playing the games (though that may be inaccurate) and the only thing “abnormal” is high GPU usage and occasional drive spikes (which makes no sense, given that only about half of the RAM is being used at any given point.) I’ve ran a memcheck and come up with no errors, as well as SFC.

For peripherals, I use two Samsung monitors – one C27591FDNXZ1 1080p 60hz screen and one LC27JG50QQNZA 1440p 144hz screen (that I use as my primary monitor) connected with DisplayPort cables. I use a Razer BlackWidow Chroma keyboard, a Logitech G502, and a pair of Astro A50s as well as a WD 2TB external hard drive and a WD 4TB external hard drive, neither of which show any issues.

The computer runs Win10 Pro 1903 (completely up-to-date) and NVIDIA 436.30 display drivers.

Any help would be appreciated – I’ve already had to return one build of this (for the same issues) but they persisted to the new one as well.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom