Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new Admin acct I just added. They merged at least partially.

T

teheff1

Hi All,

I'm using my mothers laptop with Windows 10 and current updates. She was the sole User account (as (Fran) Administrator and Owner) with full access rights to all data since she bought the laptop. Since, I started using the Laptop. I have a need for more than a standard or guest account access rights and a lot of data to temporarily back-up on her drive and and a few apps to install for use of the data I will be storing on her drive. Rather than try and do all this through her (Fran) admin account, I decided it would be easier to create an additional (Tom) Admin account for myself to prevent merging of data and installing apps she wont use anyways on her desktop. I should add we both use gmail accounts as our microsoft account (MSA). I just did this and instead of creating my new (Tom) Admin account which it did, sort of. As of now, the situation is as follows and any help or suggestions are welcomed:

1. On login it asks Fran and Tom both for our separate pins #s to access our own desktops.

2. In Con Panel> User Accounts> Manage Accounts:

A. both Admin accounts are listed.

B. I corrected her name on (Fran) Admin account but nothing else, not

her gmail.google.com (Microsoft account) that remained the same

C. My (Tom) Admin account showed my gmail,google.com (Microsoft account).

3. In Windows Explorer C:> Windows> Users

A. There are 3 Folders: Fran, franh (part of her google email add.), and the Public folder (not much data) ; no Tom folder.

B. The Fran folder has a size of 15 gigs, franh folder has a size of 1 gig.

C. So, her original (Fran) Admin account and my non-existent User>Tom folder and her (Fran) folder are merged, yet we have separate desktops and logins, and the User> franh folder is where her data is going since I created my (Tom) admin acct. D. Can I simply create a C:> Windows> Users> Tom folder, point the account to the new file path or do I have to delete my account and lose the time, apps and data I have already imported?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom