Windows 10 update and or Intel drivers updates ruined sleep on my system.

K

Kuradag

About a month ago, I updated Windows 10, and used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to update my OS and the drivers on my laptop. I put my laptop into sleep mode, but when I attempted to wake it the indicator light was orange*, and an active black screen showed. I was forced to force-shut-down my system in order to get my system running again. I attempted to mess with power-settings according to other sleep/hibernate problems, and it got to the point where even turning on my laptop from shut-down would evoke the same frozen symptoms (fans wouldn't turn on, indicator light orange*).

I switched to Ubuntu, then chose to come back to Windows 10 for easy-gaming, and I thought the sleep problem would go away with a fresh Windows 10 install (well yeah, but updating the system ruined it again). Sleep mode worked fine when I had Ubuntu 18.04 LTS installed.

As soon as I updated my Intel drivers (3 were needed, Bluetooth, graphics, and another that I don't remember), the sleep issue resurfaced. I am now forced to keep my system either on, with no sleep-mode timers or use of sleep-mode, or turned off.

Below is system information.

Does anyone have any advice? Microsoft's "Get Help" wants me to use a paid service to address this issue.

*Indicator light: steady blue (on & charged), orange (unplugged/charging), blinking blue (sleep).

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model GE72 6QD
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E1795IMS.106, 09/04/2015
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product MS-1795
BaseBoard Version REV:0.A
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.356"
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB