How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

A

a252nac

I have a 7 years old laptop that has 2 graphics cards (the one that is integrated to cpu (i7-3612QM/HD4000) and an ATIgraphics card (Radeon HD7670M)).

The ATI graphics card died last month which caused BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) every bootup. I tried four versions of the ATI drivers which still ends up with BSOD so I came down to the conclusion that the ATI card died. As a result I decided to carry on with the Intel graphics and disabled the ATI drivers.( I can uninstall its driver however windows loves reinstalling its driver which causes BSOD)

This method works most of the time, however windows enables the driver maybe once every two weeks or so which cause BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) after 2-3minutes freeze. I have to go to safe mode to disable the driver that somehow enabled itself.

Is there any way to tell windows not to enable that driver so I don't need to have sudden BSOD?

BTW: Since it is a laptop, the ATI graphics card cannot be removed from the motherboard without breaking it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom