Unable to enable speech recognition under any conditions.

D

DJRJ_AU

Hey there everyone,

I'm trying to install Voice Attack on my Lenovo Legion Y720 (Core i7-7700K / 16GB RAM / GTX 1060 6GB etc.), and one of the prerequisites to enabling the proper running of the program is that Windows Speech Recognition is up and running on my system beforehand. To the best of my knowledge I have done everything in my power to get this service up and running, however my system completely refuses to set the microphone up in the first place.

I'm running Windows 10 Home (Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202), with all updates installed and Windows set to auto-update everything as it comes along, and to make sure I manually checked for updates prior to starting this post.

My language and region settings are as follows:

• Country or Region: Australia
  • Regional Format: English (Australia)
  • Windows Display Language: English (Australia)
  • Preferred Language: English (Australia)
  • Speech Language: English (Australia)
    • Option to recognise non-native accents to this language is on.

When I then click on the Get Started button to commence set-up of the microphone I am immediately launched into the the Speech application as it goes into trouble detection mode. I am presented with the options to state that I am unable to hear Cortana (which is false, my headset and laptop speakers both output without issue), or to state that Cortana is unable to hear me (which is also false as both my headset and laptop microphone array are both in working condition). This problem is persistent, even when I change all my regional and language settings over to English (United States) by way of troubleshooting this issue.

Furthermore, when I launch into Speech Recognition via the Control Panel, I am advised that "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language". Is there something unusually cryptic and/or arcane that I have managed to trigger with all of this, or is there an as yet unresolved software glitch giving me grief?

Many thanks in advance for assistance rendered.

Doug

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom