Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

A

Andre_333

Hello,

My monitor (Samsung C27HG70) randomly loses signal and reconnects back again - the displayport connection appears in the left corner, specific to this monitor.

This behaviour happens only after waking up the computer from sleep, but not all the time, and it only happens when I click the Nvidia Control panel on the desktop.

My specs: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming motherboards, Intel Core i9-9900K CPU, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 08G graphics card, 32 GB of Ram HyperX @3200 MHz, Thermaltake Grandpower Gold 850W PSU, 2 SSDs M.2 Nvme, one for the OS (Samsung 960), 2 HDDS for work and storage etc. Cooler Master Cosmos C700P case with 6 140 mm fans (3 intake, 3 exhaust), wire management done properly etc.

Nothing overheats, system is extremely stable, this behavior never happens in game, I get no crashes whatsoever, temperatures monitored all the time in MSI Afterburner, even in the titles that load the GPU to the max (Metro Exodus or Borderlands 3) the system is rock-solid and great temps (up to 60 C on the CPU with a Noctua NH-D15 with 2 140 fans in push-pull, between 65 and 70 on the GPU depending on the room temperature).

Any idea what could be the cause of that? As I said, it only happens when I want to access the Nvidia CP. The monitor is in Freesync mode, G-Sync compatibility enabled in Nvidia CP. Using all the latest drivers, Windows 10 latest update etc. I have power & sleep settings to shut down the monitor and the computer after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Thank you for any thoughts on that!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom