WinSrv 2016 LTSB: "The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed." error when installing "Server for NFS" role/feature

X

xeon1122

When I attempt to install the "Server for NFS" role on the server through PowerShell or Server Manager, it gives me an error that reads:

C:\Users\hpadmin\Desktop> Install-WindowsFeature -Name FS-NFS-Service -IncludeManagementTools
Install-WindowsFeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
The operation cannot be completed, because the server that you specified requires a restart.
At line:1 char:1
+ Install-WindowsFeature -Name FS-NFS-Service -IncludeManagementTools
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : DeviceError: (@{Vhd=; Credent...Name=localhost}:pSObject) [Install-WindowsFeature], Exce
ption
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DISMAPI_Error__Failed_Reboot_Required,Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Commands.AddWindow
sFeatureCommand

Success Restart Needed Exit Code Feature Result
------- -------------- --------- --------------

This error happens every time and never finishes starting or installing the "Server for NFS" feature. I am not sure if these are the right logs to attach, but, I saw some references of "NFS" in the CBS.log file. I have attached the output here.

The build version number is OS Build 14393.3242.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom