Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice Error on Line 8

D

Damien Claessen

While trying to set up PCIe passthrough to a VM through PowerShell and I ran into an issue where the Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice command keeps giving me an error about not having OS control of the PCIe bus. It originally said the error was on line 1 char 1, and I looked up the error and found that I needed to enable VTd and Platform Power Management. After enabling these, I tried to run the command again, and the error was the same, but the line number changed to line 8. I do not know much about PowerShell, and I have no idea what is the issue now, especially now that the required options in the BIOS are changed. Any ideas?

Command:

Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice -LocationPath $locationPath -Force -Verbose

Log:

VERBOSE: Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice will dismount an assignable device so it can be assigned to a virtual machine.

Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice : The operation failed.

The current configuration does not allow for OS control of the PCI Express bus. Please check your BIOS or UEFI

settings.

At line:8 char:1

+ Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice -LocationPath $locationPath -Force –V ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Dismount-VMHostAssignableDevice], VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidParameter,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.DismountVMHostAssignableDevice

EDIT: I realized line 8 is because I ran other commands before this command, so line 8 has nothing to do with why it isn't working. Any ideas why I would be getting this error even though I enabled the features?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom