Is there a size limit to indexing a volume using Windows Search in 2016?

C

Carito

2016 VM and trying to index about 7TB or around 7 million files. This is basically redirected user documents. It has completed a few times and ran fine but eventually quits working and starts over.

Ive read over several other posts related to the same errors with exchange and AD edb issues but nothing that seems to indicate this is related to the size, and perhaps some registry changes could resolve. The windows.edb grows to about 300-450GB and resides on SAN flash.

I get the following errors:
- SearchIndexer (7100) Windows: The version store for this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 128Mb. (ESENT event ID 623)
- SearchIndexer (7100) Windows: Background clean-up skipped pages. The database may benefit from widening the online maintenance window during off-peak hours. (ESENT event ID 602)
-The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt. (Search Event ID 7042)

I have the indexing db on it own disk, not AV scanned, and not backed up.

I have tried: resetting the db, changing SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 0, offline checksum-integrity-defragging, and unselecting all undesired extensions and only indexing content on the ones needed.

Eventually I get the same errors above. There are numerous keys under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Window Search and Gathering Manager, but I cannot find any documentation on any of them but maybe 2. Thinking there should be a way to increase the version store allocated as a start or is this just too much to index?

thx

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom