BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA

M

Matster187

Hi folks,

I seem to be having some issues with a blue screen of death..

Page fault in non paged area. ( this is being reported at the blue screeen -- nvlddmkm.sys)

My C: drive recently died so i replaced with a Sandisk Ultra 3D 1TB, so the system has a fresh install of Win10 Pro 64bit.

The PSU, motherboard, cpu and ram were all new last year. (Some still in warranty if needs be)

Corsair RM1000i PSU

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E (latest bios 2401)

i7-8700k running at 4.7Ghz OC

32GB G.skill Trident Z rgb ddr4 3200Mhz

MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G

Antec K240 watercooler

Its worth you knowing im pretty good with computers usually, been fixing everyone elses for years, but this one has me foxed.

Ive got all the latest drivers from Asus for the Mobo and done all that, I have latest Nvidia drivers (dont use Geforce experience)((always right click and run as admin)).

Ive done checkdisk on the new drive, ive done benchmarks that work fine, Ive done a boot time 'memtest86' on the ram for what seemed like an age with zero errors, Ive ran sfc/scannow and fixed any issues that were there, using the DISM. Ive redone that all more than once and now there are no errors to fix apparently.. Ive done quick and full antivirus test using Windows security, and an offline pre boot scan with no results.. I downloaded the old favourite Spybot Search and Destroy, that found nothing.

It doesnt seem to like making a dump file either. Though what i have managed to gleen from the BlueScreenView program is ---

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+467b40 fffff807`6d400000 fffff807`6deb5000 0x00ab5000 0xa5839c4d 29/12/2057 16:37:49 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.18362.356 (WinBuild.160101.0800) C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

My next step is to remove all page file, restart and then reinstate the page file after.. See what happens there...

I messaged ASUS support and they replied i was welcome for the help but didnt actually give me a reply!! lol

If anyone has any clues or needs more info to be able to help then please, feel free to jump in...

Thanks folks :)

Continue reading...