Computer keeps shutting down but remains on (fans/lights all running)

R

Redicul0us

Hello,

I've tried literally everything I can think of so I'm hoping someone can help me. My computer recently started shutting down while in sleep mode, or more becoming unresponsive. I'd come back and tap the keyboard to wake the screen and nothing happened. The computer was still obviously running. All lights and fans were running, keyboard still lit but nothing would wake it, even holding the power button wouldnt turn it off.

But it's only happen once n awhile so I didnt think too much about it. Now the episodes are frequent, at least once a day but today it's doing it /constantly/ after some digging and checking the reliablitlity report, I saw it failed to update back in august, so I'm running windows10 version 1809 and it REFUSES to update. It downloads, gets ready to install, starts installing and gets anywhere between 7%-66% and computer soft shuts down and goes into unresponsive mode.

It only remains on now for extended periods of time in safe mode. I've tried updating I'm safe mode but when I go to settings and click update, it closes! I cannot get update and security to open in safe mode.

I've tried using scf, cmd, powershell, windows update assistant and media creator tool to try and update and all failed or didnt do anything.

I'm really at a loss at what to do. The computer was made in march, here are my parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT 29.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom