How do I fix both the Mail app and Outlook People lists, that display invalid email addresses, for some of my contacts in my Windows Phone?

M

MarkinWPG

As of October 4, 2019, I noticed very strange coding for email addresses that don't exist, at least not in my Windows Phone contact list, but do show up for 6 of my contacts listed within the "People" sections of both the Windows 10 Mail app, and via Outlook.com.

When I attempted to add someone into my contact list on October 3, 2019, I noticed the same erroneous email address, but now it has disappeared, after I deleted, and then re-input the same information at least twice, into both my phone and the People sections.

However, after I did a search online, nobody else seems to have encountered this issue.

Does this mean that I have an unknown virus, that somehow slipped past my Kaspersky Anti-virus protection? The Windows 10 firewall is still intact, so I am at a loss as to how this has happened.

Also, to add to the mystery, of the contacts that are affected, none of them have email addresses in my phone, just phone numbers.

The code shows up as follows:

[necid: fsbo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aam1b5utgaaaaag1qwm3c90hdh/geznjn2dehambo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aaaaaaq4aambo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aaaaagq4aabe=] <[necid: fsbo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aam1b5utgaaaaag1qwm3c90hdh/geznjn2dehambo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aaaaaaq4aambo++v6sfxaje0fnh+1io4aaaaagq4aabe=]>;

If anyone knows what this could mean, or how to resolve it, I would be very grateful.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom