How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to fail to power on!

D

DJammer

After I installed the KB4524147 Windows 10 update, shut down my laptop PC, and later tried to restart it, it was completely power-dead. I googled the issue and tried removing the battery/unplugging power supply, and then holding down the power button for 30+ seconds; and then put the battery back in and hit the power button to start/boot. It worked the first time, but the next time I tried the same steps and it was completely dead. I tried other suggestions from online forums and help FAQs, and nothing worked. Maybe the fifth time I tried something, it did regain power and turned on. I reasoned that since the problem occurred right after the 10/4 update, I'd try uninstalling that update--especially when I considered the many problems others had reported with the KB4524147 update. I uninstalled it and the problem went COMPLETELY away.

Now, the update is again being forced on me and I am concerned it will again **** my PC laptop's power. Where can I report problems with this update (KB4524147)?

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom