Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device

H

HarrisParaskeva

I have decided as of last summer to go wireless free in the office, hence I've opted for Ethernet LAN wired connection to my router, so as to have constant and fast connection. Trouble is I did not count on Windows not cooperating in this endeavour.

Everything is setup correctly (modem, router, settings, etc.), but when the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, when it is back up again, it won't wake up the network device to connect to the network (or it thinks it is connected and does not bother waking it up). I know the issue is with Windows, because of the following:

a. The latest drivers for the device are installed.

b. When I do a restart or when I turn off Fast Startup the problem goes away. Note: I don't want to turn off Fast Startup, because other issues arise.

Essentially, the above mean Windows does not attempt to load drivers or wake up the device during startup or waking up from sleep. I've found a work-around using the Windows Device Console (devcon) from the Windows Driver Kit and the following script:

@echo off
devcon.exe /rescan

However, even the work-around does not work consistently, specifically it seems to work randomly 1 out of 3 times.

Anyone any ideas?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom