can only print from adobe and web browsers in Windows 10

K

Kerry Keeton

i have seen this issue several times and the cause seemed to be upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 while retaining all files and apps. the only solution i ever found to be able to print again was to Reset PC and only retail files, not apps. This fixed the printing issue but i then i had to reload all the users software. i just recently had this occur again but this time, the machine had always had windows 10, not an upgrade. I cant for the life of me fix this issue. Printing from Adobe and web browsers prints as normal but if i try and print from anything else, word, outlook, notepad, excel, etc., the job appears to hit the local machines print queue and then vanishes without ever sending to the print server. this also occurs trying to print to a local, usb printer. if i open print properties and print a test page, i get a message that the test page failed to print and asks to run the troubleshooter which doesnt find a problem. it is only this one machine that it is happening too and is not user related. i have tried everything i can find and nothing resolves this. i also have this posted on Experts Exchange and no solution has been found yet. if it had not happened to a machine that wasnt upgraded, i wouldnt be worried because all my machines are on 10 now but like i said, the only other solution i have found was to reset blowing off all the apps and settings. this kills me for half a day reloading software. i have this user on a spare machine so i can invest the time in finding a solution but so far no luck.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom