Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email address so connecting to my account fails

M

[MichaelP]

My Windows 10 user was associated with my Windows Account when I set the PC up out of the box, using my hosted Exchange 2013 email address (this is not O365) as my username - so, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, as the example email address (the actual domain is different, but I own it so have full control of the MX records etc.).

Outlook as an installed app running the latest version and connected to my hosted Exchange 2013 email account has been working fine with this configuration for years.

Recently, however, when Outlook starts, it has been prepending "MicrosoftAccount\" to my account name, as per the attached graphic. This causes my hosted Exchange server to reject the connection attempt, so Outlook pops up the dialogue box shown.

6f824b44-b777-4bfa-ac73-bb8ab298eb6f?upload=true.png

Just deleting the "MicrosoftAccount\" text does not solve the problem, I need to clear the credentials and enter them from scratch before Outlook will accept them, which is annoying.

Does anyone have a fix for this irritating behavior?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom