Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video performance terrible after update

D

dr_Fell

Hello, I recently got an old Kiano Slimstick, that has similar configuration to early version of Intel Computestick. After I started it, it worked perfectly with both Chrome and Edge able to play YT fullHD 60FPS buttersmooth, also 4K 60 fps was ok (on chrome, edge didn't have option for this resolution). Edge seemed to be even faster than chrome, playing HBO GO fullHD smoothly. Unfortunately Windows updated itself and after update:

-even low res videos seem to be problem for Edge. HBO GO is totally choppy and unplayable. YT - the same problem.

-Chrome is a bit faster, but barely manages to play fullHD standard fps with hicckups from time to time.

What I tried:

-In internet Options I have "use the software rendering..." option turned off

-Edge has set high performance profile in system > display > graphic settings

-Chrome has graphic acceleration turned on and also "override software rendering list" flag on.

Nothing seems to help... What is going on. Why my hardware is working at less than quarter of its former speed? Intel drivers are of course installed and up to date.

Continue reading...