Folder has weird characters and will not delete off of flash drive.

C

ChloeKlepatzki

So I have a large Flash Drive, and it has a lot of memories on it with all of my pictures. I have recently been sending my old photos on my phone to it, and when I was creating a new folder [Folder "Other"], I had copied from a zip file to this file. On accident, I didn't realize my error and unzipped the original file and named it "Other (1)" and so I had two folders ["Other" and "Other (1)"], and when I went to delete "Other (1)" At this point I just shut my computer as it was dying and went to bed. The next morning I had to take my lanyard, and I unknowingly just pulled it out of the computer without properly ejecting it. Today I noticed I couldn't delete it, and after going in and seeing this hidden text (See below), I quickly freaked out. (Note, for easier work with the CMD I renamed the original"Other" to "Other Hi" and "Other (1)" to "Other") (So "Other" --> "Other Hi" & "Other (1)" --> "Other")
84e774ab-071f-45e1-b7c7-693224740526?upload=true.jpg

I looked up small tutorials and concluded that I needed to change the properties from Read Only. When I tried to select that, it came up with "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." (See more pictures)

d5a765aa-9aa2-4778-9ecd-b6944432920f?upload=true.jpge6d377fb-4369-4578-8077-b838cb363a9d?upload=true.jpg

After this, I started to panic more, and I found the article "Only a folder on a FlashDrive had a very strange content instead of its content." The only difference was I do not care for the folder, and I only want to delete it. I follow the article and use the CMD and it came up with the phrase "The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect" again (See picture below).

16b569e4-fb88-4fce-868c-ad18675274ba?upload=true.jpg

I'm just trying to save my memories.

Also, note that this was one of the first times that I had pulled the Drive from my computer w/out ejecting it. I have had Flash Drives lose data before, and so I am super cautious of it, it had just been a late night and so I forgot one time.

Continue reading...