Non Domain Local Windows 10 User accounts getting locked?

• Thread starter Michael Horn (michael.horn)
  • Start date
M

Michael Horn (michael.horn)

Hello,

Ive had two users this week get their Windows 10 local user accounts locked. I dont know why this is happening. I do have an admin account on the devices in question and I can log in on those profiles. I then go to reset the user passwords and it tells me the new passwords dont meet complexity. One machine was Windows 10 pro the other was not pro.

We are not on a domain, they are not using Microsoft Live accounts, and I have no other password enforcement systems running on those two systems. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Ive had the user show me the password they were using, I then had the user create a new password which they shared with me 11 chars long upper, numeric, special, and lowercase. The password doesnt meet complexity. Again I checked all your typical stuff, I had to run net user "user" active:yes to reactivate the account and make my own password for them to be able to log in.

Is this a Microsoft issue that I need to be aware of? I am super confused on whats going on.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom