Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?

A

attroll

I don’t know what happened to my explorer search feature.
For some reason and I don’t know when it started but it stopped searching correctly.
For example: Using the explorer search bar. I am trying to look for a file with the with the word “order” in the file name.

I can do search of the C drive (top level directory) and it works correctly. It brings up all the file names that have “order” in the file name.

However, if I go one directory deeper into the C drive and do the same search using the explorer search bar. I get the results with file names that do not have “order” in the file name. After some research I found out that is because it is also looking in the files content for anything that has “order” in the file.

I do not want to list the files that have “order” in the file content. I only want to search the file names.
I know you can put “name:eek:rder” in the search box and it will only search file names.

Is there any way to search the search option so that is defaults to only search file names without having to use “name:” as a prefix to the search?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom