Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of back-and-forth calls and chats

P

Pradeep Sekar

I had a Razer Blade 15 that I purchased at the start of the year (around February) from the Microsoft store, which came with a digital license for Windows 10 Home. When I asked the store personal about getting it with the Windows 10 Pro instead, since it was going to be my primary work machine (as a Freelancer), I was instructed to upgrade it via the online store and said that it would be linked to my new MS account automatically, since the Razer machines only come with the option of Windows 10 Home.

Since then my Blade has had numerous issues with power delivery to its ports and multiple OS crashes. So I just got it replaced with a newer machine from Razer and before I handed the old machine off I called MS customer support to ask if the Windows 10 digital license is transferable and was told that If I login with my MS account, it should automatically activate the Pro version. Fast forward to the present and I'm getting mixed responses saying that it is not! and it is only transferable if I had bought the full retail version.

Honestly for somebody who spent $5000 on a Blade, buying the retail version instead of the upgrade would have been a measly difference of 1% and I would have happily bought that instead, if it had been brought to my attention then.

I'm quite disappointed at the whole support process though, because in the last 3 days, I have spent more than 4 hours in total waiting in queue and talking to different technicians each time and have been transferred around multiple times as well. Not to mention the fact that my last call ended with them saying that a supervisor would call me in 2 hours and I get an automated email late evening stating that they tried to reach me but couldn't (been having my phone with me all evening waiting for that call).

I called up Norton and Adobe with the same issue and they were happy to reinstate my license after confirming through my online account that I've deactivated it from all my other devices!

I get that some of these policies are there to prevent users from abusing their licenses, but as a customer I would have preferred a strong NO instead of being jerked around! Seriously regretting switching from my previous Dell premium support for my old Alienware to here :(

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom