Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

O

oreveredrist

I've been getting these Event ID 131 errors in the Event Viewer for ages, now:

Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}'

They've survived at least two Fresh Start re-installs of Windows 10 across both Intel and AMD platforms. I'm getting about 10 a day. The best I can find is that the problem has been happening for years, has something to do with Windows not being able to refresh icons in "Devices and Printers", and is a problem on Microsoft's side because the links Windows 10 uses to refresh those icons have changed on their servers somehow. I, and others, have put Feedback items into the Feedback Hub for years on this. To no avail. So, who (and how) do we contact at Microsoft to get them to fix the problem?

There's no excuse for this. Even if what I've posted, above, is entirely wrong, there's nothing official that I can find on Microsoft's site talking about this. Microsoft needs to either fix the problem, post a document about the issue, or stop logging these Events as Errors since they, apparently, make no difference and no one cares about them. If what I've written at the top is true, then they need a "Report a Problem" link that someone actually pays attention to (as opposed to the Feedback Hub).

Continue reading...