Add printer can not find printer via tcp/ip

K

Keshka

Problem: go to control panel - printers and devices. Click Add a printer. Select the printer that I want isn't listed. Add a local or network printer as admin. Add printer using tcp/ip. Enter IP address of printer. Next "contacting printer", "detecting tcp/ip port". "Additional port info required".....wrong!

I have done this on this server many many times. normally it finds the printer and installs the correct driver. This printer is on the same subnet as the server and the server can ping it just fine. I have three other printers the same make and model already installed. This printer was working but on occasion, the server seems to lose track and the normal fix was remove/reinstall.

I went to the server print management in the management console found an error "removing printer" shown for this printer. I deleted said printer from print management and restarted the print spooler......did not help.

Am having this same problem on a printer of the same type on another subnet. Can ping it fine as well.

This all used to work just fine...now what?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom