Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after seconds and data seems lost.

T

TheDanishTiger

Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before)

It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing.

The log says:

23:00:00 BitLocker encryption was started for volume D: using XTS-AES 128 algorithm.23:00:02 A BitLocker key protector was created.

23:00:06 Failed to backup BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery information for volume D: to your Microsoft account.

23:00:06 Failed to automatically enable Device Encryption.

23:00:12 Failed to backup BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery information for volume D: to your Microsoft account.

23:00:12 Failed to automatically enable Device Encryption.

After this, I cannot open my HDD with 500 GB of data.

Windows says something like this, then i double click on the drive:

this version of windows does not support this feature of bitlocker drive encryption. to use this feature upgrade the Operating system

I use:

OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363.

There are no new updates in Windows Update.

I have tried all the repair-bde and manage-bde options, and they doesn't work.

BitLocker Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker (Windows 10)

Is there anything else I can try, or is all of my photos , music and documents from the last 10 years lost?

It is quiet amazing, that Microsoft makes Windows autoencrypt a NAS RAID 1 iSCSI drive without asking. Thank you for corrupting my data, with bad programming of Bitlocker.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom