PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it doesn't and Microsoft and Xbox apps do not work.

N

Niko.G

I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not made aware of when purchasing this is that it uses microsoft services.

I bought my PC via a pre built PC website. I had to install Windows 10 myself. I had problems and realised that during the installation it had not installed the .NET framework. I put my windows 10 usb back into the PC and fixed the issue. The issue I've been facing since I bought this PC 3 or so years ago is that when plugged into the internet via ethernet cable (the PC does not have a wifi card) it says in the bottom right "Not connected - No connections available". Now, I know this isn't true because I'm writing this question to you know using the internet I supposedly do not have. When trying to use the microsoft store, it tells me I don't have internet and refuses access, when trying to use the xbox apps it does the same and now it's not letting me play multiplayer on the game I just bought on steam because as it turns out, it uses the microsoft ecosystem which for some reason likes to ask my computer if it has internet every time I try to use it (and my computer thinks it doesn't).

This is driving me insane and now I'll need to request a refund because I've wasted my money buying a product I can't even use.

The last time I asked for help I got the sort of "did you try turning it off and on again?" responses as if I'm an idiot.

Here are four images showing the points I made:

I don't understand why this is happening, none of the error codes have pointed me in any useful directions and I'll say it again (because the last time nobody believed me despite the fact I am currently using the same PC that thinks it doesn't have internet to write this) I do have an internet connection despite what all of these images say. I have a 360Mb/s connection, I can watch videos on youtube in 4K, I DEFINATELY have internet.
I don't mean to sound rude, I just want to make that clear this time around so nobody makes the assumption I'm stupid and didn't plug it in.
I appreciate any and all help, many thanks in advance!

85a2ac07-6c3d-474a-a052-88f24c313f9e?upload=true.png0c757104-6ec3-4f09-b658-2b4fc82c9402?upload=true.png242e8f6e-3018-45f5-8a5b-f4b9ea82780e?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom