Wireless PC Adapter WAN Mini Port (PPPOE) not working do I need a new one?

T

TaylorYS

I stopped using my Centurylink Wireless connection to the internet for close to a year. I was using my Ethernet Cable only and turned the wireless off. Recently I wanted the wireless connectivity back on and I went to the website using my IP Address and turned the WiFi on. My modem shows that it has wireless availability, but I cannot connect my PC wirelessly.

It always says that the Wireless Adapter WAN Mini Port (PPPOE) isn't working or ERROR 651 (or other device) has reported an error Error Code: 0x80070426

Source: Engine

User: HP CPQ-6000\Owner

Context: Restricted

I am using Windows 7 Professional SP2 (I know.....) 64bit IE11 HP CPQ-6000 Desk Top PC

Also, quite often I would be unable to connect to internet at all without continually trouble- shooting all adapters, with the reported error that the Network Cable was unplugged or broken. I would mess with the cable, as it was always plugged in, and then try again an it would usually work. I bought a new Ethernet Cable.

My internet provider is Centurylink. It was down completely for a couple days and I was able to connect wirelessly through my Netgear N300 WNA3100 Wireless USB Adapter and a random open Network that was doing a promotion called Cox Wifi for a couple days. For some reason when I turned my computer off and came back the next day they wanted me to jump through all kinds of hoops and set up a trial account, when I hadn't needed it for the two days prior. I did what they wanted.

The next day when I tried to log on with them they said I exceeded my trial (something or other and refused access) Then every time I tried to get on my own paid for Centurylink Wifi Network it kept going back to Cox.

I figured out how to fix that but "my" wireless network does not show up in the list of available networks to connect to, though it should because I can see that I have wireless connectivity available on my Modem as the wireless Icon is on. So I go back to the network and sharing center and try to connect all over again, and get the PPPOE problem again/
So, this was probably way too much information...... Sorry if my explanation was convoluted.

Just want to know what to do about the WAN Mini Port PPPOE wireless adapter that reports the error.....?? and prevents me from connecting wirelessly to the internet, though I have no problem when using the ethernet cable.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and any advice you might like to share....

Continue reading...