Constant blue screen crashes on windows 10

R

RebeccaLea1

Hi,

Since the beginning of this week, I've been getting multiple blue screens of death each time I turn on my laptop. Sometimes they happen when I'm running a demanding program (game, etc) but they can also happen at completely random times, and often happen multiple times in a row, such that I end up on the windows troubleshooter, since the system doesn't load properly.

At first, I thought it was related to updates that had failed to install, but I eventually managed to manually install the newest Windows 10 as a clean install over my old system files without wiping all of my personal files. As part of this, I also had to uninstall AVG as third party antivirus software. This seemed to fix the problem for a day or two.

Alongside this however, I was consistently getting a .NET framework error "an unhandled exception occurred...". I linked this back to the SCM program which is pre-installed as I'm using an MSI laptop. Uninstalling this software last night has prevented the .NET error recurring, but I'm still getting multiple crashes.

I've tried in-depth virus scans with Microsoft defender, I've used chkdsk (which started after a restart, but only took about 2 seconds to reach 100% so I'm sure it didn't work), I've used sfc scannow (which finds corrupted files but says it can't repair them) and I've used DISM restorehealth (which I think worked once, but also sometimes tells me that the source files cannot be found).

Here is the link to the minidump logs from the recent blue screens:

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate the help, as currently the laptop is basically unusable, since it is crashing with no warning so often.

Thanks

Continue reading...