Unable To Copy In Search Bar In File Explorer

D

DonT5

Hello,

I hope I can get an answer to this problem I am having when I try to copy something in the Search Bar at the top in File Explorer. I have an HP Omen Obelisk that was set up just a few days ago. I am using Win 10 Home Edition. I have a 256 SSD and a 1TB HDD. My OS is on my SSD and I use my HDD for pics, music, videos,documents. When set up was completed it automatically started downloading updates and I encountered no problem with them and all were successfully installed which I am now running version 1909 build 18363.476. The last computer I had was an HP Omen and was on version 1903 and in that version on that computer I was able to bring up the copy/paste right click menu and could paste any file name I wanted to search for in File Explorer search box at the top. Now in my new computer with version 1909 installed I am no longer able to bring up the copy/paste menu to copy anything to search for in File Explorer when I right click in the search box but instead it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. This is only happening for the Search Box at the top in File Explorer. Now mind you I can copy/paste any folder or file anywhere I want in File Explorer or anywhere else in my computer with no problem so that works great except for the File Explorer search box. Now if I type the full name or parts of the name of the file/folder it will search very quickly with no problem but who wants to type when you use to be able to paste into the search box.

Would somebody please look into this whether this is a version1909 bug or was it meant to now work like this or if it is neither one is there a fix I can do to resolve it. I would greatly appreciate your help in figuring this out as I cannot find anything about this anywhere.

Respectfully,

Don

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom