Blue Screen of Death while torrenting with a VPN active.

B

Bmorgs

I've been having this issue for the last month or so now, and I can't seem to figure out a solution. Every time I try to torrent something and I have my VPN active, I get a blue screen of death with the error message "UNEXEPECTED_IRQL_VALUE", stating that ndis.sys is what failed.

I've tried updating every driver I possibly can, multiple times through. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my VPN, but nothing seems to be working. If I disconnect from my VPN, I can torrent without any issues. As soon as I connect to my VPN, I get a BSOD within 30 seconds.

I first tried contacting customer support for the VPN I use, Private Internet Access, but they weren't really able to help. All they suggested doing was updating my drivers, which has not resolved the issue.

Reading through some other threads, I was advised to download an application called bluescreenview to help dissect where the error was occurring. I did so, but don't really understand what I'm looking at. I've attached some screenshots so someone smarter than me can help me figure out whats wrong. I'm happy to provide whatever other information might be needed.

9b6a2d24-6e70-43ad-83bb-175a8fa2d795?upload=true.png

31b3357f-4b2e-4617-941f-f16ec2a042ba?upload=true.png

Continue reading...