Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

G

GlitchG4ming

Hi,

Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40% and disk averaged 3% with again just firefox open and now goes up to 20% at random. The disk usage problem is being caused by "System". These problems started about 1-2 months ago and i think it was around the time of a windows update. The Disk usage is not consistant either it does it randomly sometimes it will go as high as 70% and then drop back down to 10-15% and i cant find the reason for it.

Here are the solutions for Disk and Memory usage that i have tried so far:

- Update Windows

- Disable Superfetch (now named Sysmain)

- Disable Windows Search

- Changed Power Options to Performance

- Delete Temp Files

- Reset Virtual Memory

- Run Disk Check

- Defrag Disk

- Update Drivers

- Disable Anti-virus Temporarily

- Disabling Hibernate File by Entering "powercfg hibernate off" in the CMD Which I Found on Another Thread

- and possibly more that i cant remember

I have also Reset my PC and still had the same problems. The amount that these have gone up by may not seem like they would effect PC usage that much but i use my laptop for gaming and my FPS has dropped by 10-25fps in every game i play because of these problems.

My Laptop Specs:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

- 8GB RAM

- Windows 10 Home

(Yes i know not a good laptop for gaming but i used to get above 60 fps in all games i played until this problem.)

If you need any other information please do ask.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom