0x80070490 when installing feature update from Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 to 1809 with SCCM

M

Matze82

Hello,

we have a strange issue rolling out the feature upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 to 1809.

On our desktop PCs, the rollout works just fine with some minor issues.

On our notebooks, we seem to have a bigger, model dependent issue. We are using Windows servicing and the update is by SCCM (using Task Sequence is no option at the moment)

So we have models, for example Dell Latitude 5490, where the update installs fine as well. Then we have Latitude 5480, Microsoft Surfaces and so far one other model, where we have big issues. The feature update is downloaded in the Software Center just fine. The installation startes, it creates the $WINDOWS.~BT folder and the sources subfolder with some files, for example SetupHost.exe and than it runs into the error 0x80070490 after just a few seconds. The panther folder is not created which makes it so hard to troubleshoot this issue. I cant find any other helpful logs.

Since it seems to has something to do with the specific model, we tried the following so far:

- updated all drivers

- disabled anti virus

- installed all CUs and SSUs and all other updates

- tried to repair Windows using - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow

- on the Surfaces, we installed the latest driver and firmware msi

- upgraded manually from ISO source, that worked just fine without any reported errors or compatibility issues

Nothing worked so far. Sine we have no log files, i have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem any further.

Did anyone experience this behavior of the Windows feature upgrade setup and can give me a hint what i can check to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom