Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on Windows 10

A

Al_XB

Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0

This was a question asked in 2015 and 2016. Both threads are currently LOCKED.

It is now 2019 and I have the same problem. The ANSWER contains a link that no longer works.

I also tried deleting the two accounts and then adding them back to , but I get the same email asking me to update my account credentials.

Note that I get the email notification sent to jones@hotmail.com (jones is made up)

But it says the credentials are for another account.

What is the solution? Or where do I find the credentials for the "offending" account?

Please update your credentials for the account smith@hotmail.ca (smith is made up)

It looks like we don't have permission to get email for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Note: To stop receiving these notifications, please remove or fix the connected account that's not syncing.

Microsoft will never ask for your password over email.

Previous thread:

"Click here to update your account..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on Windows 10.

Original Title:Windows keeps asking me to update my information/credentials.

Windows 10 keeps asking me to update my information or credentials, every 3-6 hours. ("Click here to update your account..."). If there's something specifically it would like to know, I wish it would just ask. I don't see anything amiss or missing. Or is this because of some sort of permissions or authentication issue?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom