Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

P

PawelMnandsa

Hi.

I have been using Win7 for like 9 years and never had real problems with it. My specs are Intel i5-4590, 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, 27'' Acer monitor + 24'' Samsung monitor, 600W power supply. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N, current version 1909, OS build 18363.476. I have spent over 15 hours in the last 4 days troubleshooting and I am about to give up.

Wi-Fi problems

I have been using Wi-Fi USB modem - Netis WF2123 and it worked OK for over 2 years, I usually had speeds of above 50mbps. It worked fine for a couple of hours after installation of Win10, but then it stopped.

Symptoms: After disabling and enabling Wi-Fi in adapter settings and choosing my home Wi-Fi the internet "works" for 1-2 minutes - it's super slow though, around 0.5 - 1 mbps. Then it changes status to "No internet, secured" and I can't reach my router's admin panel (192.168.0.1) or my Raspberry Pi webserver via LAN IPs. Sometimes if I am lucky, Wi-Fi works for a few hours after resetting the connection. No real rule here apparently.

Same Wi-Fi works correctly for all other devices at my home, and I've tried connecting to both my home internet and phone's LTE connection via Wi-Fi.

• running CMD commands as system administrator (ipconfig, netsh, winsock reset, etc.)

• reinstalling drivers from Netis website, and other websites

• searching for driver updates for all network hardware

• reinstalling all motherboard drivers

• reinstalling all Intel drivers

• searching for Windows updates (it's as up to date as it can get)

• restarting router and PC (if I see one more YT video that spends 5 minutes on explaining how to do this, I'll lose it)

• disabling IPv6 and other not needed items from Wi-Fi properties

• adding Reliable Multicast Protocol to Wi-Fi connection

• enabling and disabling Airplane mode

• removing and reinstalling wireless card in Device Manager

• turning off Windows Defender/firewall etc.

• installing all possible driver updates (motherboard, Realtek, etc.) using Snappy Driver Installer

• trying different USB ports for Wi-Fi dongle

• disabling power saving for Wireless and everything else

• disabling Sleep/Hibernation in Power Options

• restarting and enabling WLAN service in services.msc to Automatic (it was set to Automatic already before, but redone it anyways)

• running sfc /scannow - it fixed some error with 1 file, no effect regarding wi-fi

• installed Media Feature Pack for Win 10 Pro N

• I cleanly installed Win 10 Pro (non-N) on another HDD and had the same problems with Wi-Fi

I have even bought a new USB modem, TP-Link TL-WN821N - it seems to work a bit more often than the previous one, but the issue still persists. I have tried automatically installed Microsoft drivers, and drivers from TP-LINK website - same results.

In Event Viewer, I've noticed that there are errors with info:

"WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.
Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126"
I think usually around the time Wi-Fi fails.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom