Unable to add KMS host key of Server 2012 R2 to Server 2016 server running active directory-based activation

M

MikeB6200

Has anyone run into an issue while using Active Directory-Based activation to activate Windows Server 2012 R2 from a Windows 2016 host?<o:p></o:p>

I recently added the Volume Activation role to a new domain controller that is running Windows 2016 Server Standard version.<o:p></o:p>

I have successfully added the KMS host keys for our products except for our Windows Server 2012 R2 license. When adding the KMS host key of the license in question, I receive the error "Invalid key or license mismatch. Please confirm this product key is entered correctly and valid for this application or Windows edition". Unfortunately, when looking at our Volume License page, the key I have appears to be valid.<o:p></o:p>

I ran into issues applying the KMS host keys for older Office versions and was able to correct them by applying available patches, however, from my reading, Server 2016 can activate older server OS versions and I have not located any patches associated with my issue.<o:p></o:p>

If anyone has experienced this same issue and knows of a resolution, I would appreciate your feedback.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you.<o:p></o:p>

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom