OpenGL doesn't work with Minecraft and other applications

R

RooChicken

So I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because support is ending soon. When I installed W10 (Windows 10), everything went fine and installed successfully and I got the latest updates. Then when I went to install and run MC (Minecraft), it installed, but when I played the game, the audio worked fine, but nothing rendered, it was transparent. I looked at the logs and found this:

[22:33:44] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: RooXChicken

[22:33:44] [Client thread/INFO]: (Session ID is censored)

[22:33:48] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4

[22:33:50] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default

[22:33:51] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...

[22:33:52] [Thread-5/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL

[22:33:52] [Thread-5/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see LWJGL - Lightweight Java Game Library)

[22:33:54] [Thread-5/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.

[22:33:54] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started

[22:33:57] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas

[22:34:11] [Client thread/INFO]: Stopping!

[22:34:11] [Client thread/INFO]: SoundSystem shutting down...

[22:34:11] [Client thread/WARN]: Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

I thought "okay, it's fine, I guess, I'll just fix it later." I made a few attempts, but when I was troubleshooting (with 3-4 tabs open, file explorer, and mc), my computer bluescreened with the stop code being PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA with nvlddmkm.sys being at fault (NVIDIA drivers). This went on to happen 3 more times, but only on really heavy load. I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, kinda old, but better than my W10 laptop (which runs mc fine, but SUPER laggy). I was super confused, but no troubleshooting methods fixed it. I ignored it, but then when I went to install NullpoMino (tetris), it was transparent as well, but if I pressed up and down on my keyboard, I heard sounds, but nothing else. I then installed an OpenGL tester online, and the tests ran fine, and said I had OpenGL 2.1 but after it finished, like a minute later, it bluescreened with the same reasons above. I have installed and re-installed the latest drivers multiple times, even remove all things NVIDIA within the driver install settings to get a fresh install, but nope. I'm super confused, and if you can at least help a little, I would love it :)

Specs:

AMD Athlon x64 2 6000+

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

4GB of DDR2 ram

2a7476c5-530c-4f5e-aaf0-26847105596c?upload=true.png

(you can see my background, which is a cute chicken :D )

Thanks a ton!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom