Window 10 computer can't reach a webserver on my local network

E

ericdavies1

I've got a device running a webserver application of sorts on my local network. The device has a reserved address so it is always at the same local ip address on port 8080. The application is actually used for streaming data, but the only really relevant bit about it is that it can server a web page so that you can see that its there. The device is running android, but is presumably irrelevant.

My Windows 10 computer could reach this web server earlier today, and now its saying that it can't. This is true for Edge, Chrome, and my own application. Other computers on my network can still reach the device. Windows Defender is turned off (for all three categories of networks). Rebooting the Windows does not help. Doing a clean boot (aka, turn off all sorts of services) did not help.

Running wireshark in promiscuous mode on another computer on the network, I couldn't see any packets to the webserver from the Windows laptop. I've attached a screenshot of wireshark running on the Windows computer itself . The ip address of the Windows 10 computer is 192.168.0.14. The address of the device with the webserver is 192.168.0.5 . I have no idea what 192.168.40.5 is

I have run into this problem before. I don't know what is triggering it, but the only way I could get the Windows computer to see the webserver again was to have the device that is running the webserver use a different IP address. What ever is blocking the the Windows applications is ip address specific.

I hope I've supplied enough information for the problem to be obvious to a Windows Wizard, which I am certainly not. If you have ideas, or some tests I could try applying, I'm all ears.

Thank you.

dc8a272d-435c-4bb5-ae19-1c083dbc3f23?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom