New Pc Build Windows 10 pro 1909 Crashing

R

richardmcdowell2

Built a brand new pc. here are the specs.

Tower:Deep cool Matrexx 50

Motherboard: MSI MPG 7390 Gaming Pro Carbon LGA1151

CPU: intel core i7-9700k LGA1151 8-core 3.6GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

GPU: Gigayte Gefore RTX 2070

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16 gb x2 (currently only 1 plugged in)

SSD: Crucial 500 gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuta 2TB (currently unplugged)

PSU: Corsair CX 750M

I have struggled for over a month now, trying to get my pc to work. This is a new pc. Nothing on it. no third party anything.

I have reinstalled, the os a BILLION times. I've tried numerous hardware swaps(this is my 3rd motherboard) and tests. I have finally figured out, it's the OS. Windows 10 1909 will crash without fail. It will reboot twice, then go into the repair options screen. (the blue screen with all the trouble shooting options). Finally I downloaded and installed a version from 2015.....and it was STABLE. but i couldn't do anything with it. So i kept going up. at first 1703 was as early as I could get. At least with this version I could do updates. When I installed version 1903 from an iso, it would crash, and reboot. But, if I updated from 1703 to 1903 via windows update, it will be stable. Which is where I'm at.. I tried using that method to get to 1909, but that version will crash and reboot no matter what. I wouldn't mind just staying with this version until 1909 got fixed, (which i'm reading has plagued many users) but i can't install my graphics card, because the drivers aren't compatible. Which i've tried doing fixes for that, but no results.

And guys, I'm not smart, or very computer savvy when it comes to finding codes, and stuff. If you guys need something else from me to help me figure this out, I'm going to need instructions on how to get it. I'd also like to clarify that i'm not getting the Blue Screen of Death. The blue screen I'm sent to is the trouble shooting one where you have options to go into cmd, system restore, safe mode, etc.

I'd also like to state, that I've looked to going to safemode (while 1909 was installed) and looking for that bad update that has been causing people's BSOD. The update wasn't there. and BSOD isn't really my issue anyways. I don't understand though, how my laptop which has 1909 is working fine and it's riddled with 3rd party shit. (though i clean all the crap up like one a week or so) and my fresh built pc with clean installs won't do jack. Is it possible to make a copy of that os and install it on the pc? it's running windows 10 pro as well. Perhaps 1909 just doesn't like My Graphics card. idk know anything any more, and i'm very...very...tired.

Continue reading...