I'm in absolute hell of trouble and need assistance badly

A

AngLit Xuan

I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 version 1903 32 bit
It was another normal day when I booted up my laptop when suddenly I got an alert from Windows Defender that my machine has been infected by the win32/grenam.b or d, I couldn’t remember exactly virus, which it identified as a spyware. I tried running Windows Defender quick scan, custom scan on a suspected folder, offline scan and even a full scan, but every time the scan is completed, Windows Defender would tell me that it couldn't completely resolved the issue.

I tried performing a scan using Malwarebytes but that didn't seem to do the job. I did give Microsoft Safety Scanner, a stand-alone antimalware software from Microsoft a shot but it didn't manage to detect anything

I got suggestion to run a Windows Defender scan within Safe Mode and booted into it using MSConfig.
And since I am using a Microsoft account, I learnt that I have to be online for my password to be accepted and so I switched to Safe Mode with networking and tried loging in with my Microsoft account password, and yeah, I mean, password, the correct one too, the one that I could one quentillion % guarantee to work to sign in to my account regularly, or on a different device, and no I don't enter pin because it clearly said password on the screen, but even with Safe Mode with networking I couldn't get a network connection and my laptop was showing me the Airplane Mode icon, which when clicked on, did nothing.
So without connection and can't get online, password will not work for sure, even if you have a correct one, I've even changed and reset it, yes, I did both, not because I forgot my PW, but purely because I wanted to test it out if that could help me boot my laptop into Safe Mode with networking but with all three passwords, the original one, the changed version and the one from the reset attempt, despite tested and proven to work when I used it on my phone, that didn't work, which I pretty much expected because I can't even get my laptop connected to the network, wirelessly I mean, not sure if using an ethernet cable with wired network is a mandatory but I didn't try that one
So after failing with changing password attempts, I tried to find if there's the option to boot back to my OS, but again, no luck, tried pressing enter in the boot menu displaying the boot options or locating the boot Windows normally option myself didn't work.
So I got myself a bootable USB flash drive loaded with the ISO file of my system's Windows 10 build, 1903 with 32 bit architecture and connected it to my laptop before powering it up with the Novo key next to the power button and chose the BIOS option and boot through USB before exit with changes saved
After the restart, I clicked on repair, then troubleshoot, and advance options, I think, and command prompt.

In the command line, I typed in the following command

c: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot and also

c: bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot

But both commands resulted in an error saying that system couldn't find the path or something like that

Actually, I forgot to mention that I'm blind and I'm a screen reader user, and when I said I did all those procedures, I was actually assisted by a sighted person since there's no sound on safe mode logon screen, to get Microsoft Narrator to work, I have to boot into Safe Mode, but I can't even boot my laptop, so that sucks, I wish Microsoft will consider enabling sound drivers from the logon screen so I could at least enable Narrator and have it read to me what's on screen in the login process without troubleing sighted people around me

Things get worse when my assistant tried to format my laptop without deleting any data but it kept asking for password that it have failed to except ever since I entered safe mode and I still tried putting the passwords but again, it says the password is incorrect with all 3 versions

I've been logged out of my machine since 23 October and it sucks so much that I couldn't use it what so ever

Is formating the laptop the only way left to return it to a useable state again? Or are there any other workarounds that I could try to get it working again? If possible, and if it's possible, I would like to have solution that could preserve my data on the machine.

Thanks in advance for your time and help, they‘re greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom