Unable to install Logitech Setpoint 6.69.126_64

J

Josephus Flavius

Hi,

The problem: I can't install Logitech Setpoint 6.69.126_64 The installation "disappears" - no error messages or any indication why it stopped.

I'm running Win10 64 ver. 1909 and have just done a Windows Update-in-Place (for other reasons) and it didn't solve my problem.

I have a Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse running on this 1-year old Dell XPS 8930, but not always well -- sometimes skipping, hesitating, etc. Maybe it's approaching end of life, but I wanted to install software before tossing it... And, the Control Panel/Programs is displaying Logitech Unifying Sofware 2.50.25 and Logitech Webcam 2.80 only. However, the Device Manager shows a Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Mouse, working properly and having a Logitech driver 5.92.28.0.

No matter what I do, as Admin or not, with both Bitdefender and Windows Defender off, Windows Defender Core Isolation is off... And yet, the thing won't install.

I've tried communicating with Logitech support, but the higher levels say the software works so it must be "something" about my computer.

I think it is likely the settings of my Windows or the Dell install... I'm an experienced user, but after having spent many hours researching this I am nowhere closer to figuring this one out.

Thank you,

JF

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom