Something prevents my monitors / windows from going to sleep. Can't find what it is.

W

winGene

As the title says, I can't find the source of interference with time based sleep settings.

When I lock the computer (nothing playing / no files available via network) screen should turn off after 5 minutes, with computer going to sleep 10 minutes later (after 15 minutes of inactivity). Instead I see that the monitor attempts to go to sleep (shuts down) for a second and than flickers back on. The cycle repeats without computer ever trying to sleep.

Setting the sleep settings to equal time, does not help, computer still fails to turn off displays and/or go to sleep.

While trying to troubleshoot, I've tried to run usb devices (mouse, keyboard, etc...) via a powered hub, which I tried turning off to make sure there is no erroneous inputs. No change, screen still blinks instead of going to sleep.

If I go to start > sleep, system goes to sleep as it should, but I prefer automated methods as sometimes I get sidetracked and do not return to the computer for several hours.

Some troubleshooting commands I saw online provide no hits, I've also went through numerous settings usually outlined in guides to no avail.

>powercfg lastwake

Wake History Count - 0

>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

Any help is appreciated, I would rather try and get to the bottom of this than have to reinstall everything from scratch.

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom