WMR Cliff House ONLY: render problem. clear circle in the middle of left eye and right eye is fine. Seems like a windows mixed reality software probl

J

Justin andRachel

Would anyone know how to fix this?

My WMR Lenovo Explorer has this weird distortion. It looks like only the very centre of the view is rendering properly (mostly). Like a clear circle in the middle.

Here is a picture WMR-Circle

The dark outside area of the circle moves as my head tracks, like an incomplete, partially rotating shadow outside of a clear centre circle. It isn't just the view on the headset screen (more detail further below).

With a little testing, it is only on the left eye view. And there are a few other issues, like the right eye doesn't show any pointer trails but the 3D effect trails are both showing on the left eye, but only outside of that circle. When I open a VR app, that little animation between the cliff house and the app is only on the outside of the left eye circle. It shows up with the Cliff house overlay too. In a Steam VR Game, if i press the windows button to bring up the windows apps list, the background Steam VR game is fine, but the Windows app list overlay has the circle.

I am confident it is not a headset problem.

I ONLY have this problem in the cliff house. Steam VR works fine, Minecraft (Windows Store game) works fine, and the circle also shows on the desktop windows preview (picture in link above). As such I can probably live with it, but I didn't mind using the cliff house. And now only the cliff house is broken.

I wonder if it is a something with Windows and my AMD RX580. I just updated the driver. Since it is a problem with only the cliff house, I think it is a windows issue. Like I said, SteamVR games are fine, and even microsoft store VR games I tried are fine. It only happens in both cliff houses (house and tower).

I did have this issue happen momentarily before, but a quick restart fixed it. Now it is all the time.

I did find adjusting the Calibration setting made the outside shadow of the circle change, but it doesn't fix it. [Adjusting the pupil distance from 59mm to 67mm just moves the shadow circle similar to the way looking around does).

I have tried uninstalling windows mixed reality, and windows is completely up to date (1909). I am unwilling to try rolling back my AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3. Only the cliff house doesn't work . . . in the left eye . . . so weird.

Thank for you help!! If I can post this bug somewhere I'd do that too.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom