Sleep and power settings ignored

S

Sri Siva Kumar

Hi,

I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum:

1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in

2. Turn off (Uncheck) fast startup

3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in

4.Checked screensaver and put some screen saver after 15 minutes of idle time.

Still having problems. When I close lid the screen goes to OFF and I have to press power button to put the system to sleep, and then again press power button to wake.

I run powercfg with lastwake and energy and results are as mentioned below.

Earlier before upgrading to version 1909, by resetting power plan to default settings, this problem was solved. I also use external monitor and occasionally, I remove HDMI cable and use the laptop.

Please help. On some forums I read tweaking registry, which I have not yet tried.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report
Computer NameDESKTOP-UG3VNEK
Scan Time2019-12-20T07:58:20Z
Scan Duration60 seconds
System ManufacturerASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Product NameN550JV
BIOS Date11/19/2013
BIOS VersionN550JV.208
OS Build18363
Platform RolePlatformRoleMobile
Plugged Intrue
Process Count197
Thread Count2641
Report GUID{c2614fa6-a1f6-47f9-b3bd-77a615537b96}
Analysis Results Errors

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device NameUSB Composite Device
Host Controller IDPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31
Host Controller LocationPCI bus 0, device 20, function 0
Device IDUSB\VID_03F0&PID_1941
Port Path1
USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device NameRealtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
Host Controller IDPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31
Host Controller LocationPCI bus 0, device 20, function 0
Device IDUSB\VID_0BDA&PID_0139
Port Path8
Platform Power Management Capabilities:pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
Warnings
Platform Timer Resolution:platform Timer Resolution
The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.
Current Timer Resolution (100ns units)10000
Maximum Timer Period (100ns units)156250
Platform Timer Resolution:Outstanding Timer Request
A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
Requested Period10000
Requesting Process ID7964
Requesting Process Path\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\sivap\AppData\Local\Programs\Opera\65.0.3467.78\opera.exe
Power Policy:Sleep timeout is long (Plugged In)
The computer is configured to automatically sleep after longer than 30 minutes.
Timeout (seconds)1860
CPU Utilization:processor utilization is moderate
The average processor utilization during the trace was moderate. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
Average Utilization (%)2.45
CPU Utilization:Individual process with significant processor utilization.
This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.
Process Nameexplorer.exe
PID10792
Average Utilization (%)0.28
ModuleAverage Module Utilization (%)
\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe0.09
\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll0.02
\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\WindowsCodecs.dll0.02

Please help to solve this issue.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom