USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

• Thread starter ForgettableLegend560
  • Start date
F

ForgettableLegend560

Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs.

Problem description:

Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers (original, not driverpack or other s***) and BIOS.

System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one.

System is clean from viruses, no third party antivirus is running on the background though (I run third party antivirus in standalone mode, real time protection is done by windows defender).

Lets say we have 2 USB3.0 ports.

One of them is occupied by Logitech wireless USB mouse (unifying receiver). Receiver connection is USB2.

I plug USB3.0 flash drive (ADATA Pro S102, 32GB). The exact same moment when USB flash drive is plugged in, mouse stops responding.

The strangest part is mouse does not disappear prom device manager, and USB flash drive is working properly. To make mouse working again I have to either unplug USB flash drive (mouse starts to work immediately), or unplug and reconnect my mouse, in this case windows plays device connected sound, and again, mouse starts working.

If I plug 2 usb3 flash drives to these ports, either of them is working perfectly.

This problem exists on 2 of my PCs, one is laptop, other is tower PC, checked either ports on the back and on the front (I have USB3 on the front panel). The only way everything works OK is when on my tower PC mouse is plugged to the back panel to USB2.0 port, and flash drive is plugged to USB3 port. But I can not use this on my laptop.

What have I tried:

Disable USB selective suspend in power options;

Tried another USB3 ports;

Tried another mouse USB receiver;

Restart, reset windows, clean reinstall windows, reset BIOS;

Uninstall manufacturer drivers and let Windows install its universal drivers {this solves the problem with mouse, but adds unacceptable for me behaviour: When copying large files (>20GB) to fast large USB3 flash drive or external SSD, after about 10GB copying stops, and task manager shows USB disk active time stuck at 100% for 2 minutes, then works again 20 seconds, then again 100% for 2 minutes, and total average write speed is falling below 10 MB/sec. The only solution to this is installing USB drivers from Intel, and transfer speeds are back to normal for my external SSD speeds of 400-500MB/sec.}

Where should I look next?

Thank you.

Continue reading...