IIS borked?!

S

spug1

Hi All.

Brand new install of Server 2016 onto existing domain, specifically to host WSUS & Trend WFBS. All set up fine and both the aforementioned services worked fine and clients connected/reported for a couple of weeks.

Over the Christmas period I also installed Remote Access (VPN RAS) & Remote Desktop Services (Remote Desktop) Roles. Now, no clients are connecting/reporting to WSUS or Trend Console.

IIS seems fine:

- all services up and running

- firewall ports are open (have tested completely disabling firewall)

- have also disabled local A/V

- no IIS errors (apart from Waring 9009, can't delete history)

- server is connected to domain network fine, with network discovery & file & printer sharing enabled

I can browse to the Server shares from any other PC/Server, and can access the IIS landing page to get the logo, but the moment I try to navigate to a sub-site/service, I just get can't be displayed. Specifically, the following WSUS link does not work:

and I cannot access the Trend WFBS site either on: http://server01:8059/SMB/console

As I said, all seems absolutely fine. Really confused. It must be something basic that has been changed (probably to do with the other two roles installed?), but just not sure where to start for troubleshooting access ...my IIS knowledge is limited.

Any thoughts/methods to troubleshoot would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Doug.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom