Vietnamese keyboard layout

• Thread starter Minh HieuNguyen
  • Start date
M

Minh HieuNguyen

Firstly, I would like to thank you Microsoft and the developers behind everything that is Windows.

You've added my decade-long awaited feature which is the native telex keyboard input for Vietnamese language.

However, it's still got several flaws which I'd like to point out and request improvements:

1. The ability to change keyboard layout: currently, it only supports the most popular layout (English 101/102 keys.) Living in Japan, all of my laptops and keyboards have the same Japanese 106/109 keys layout and it's really hard to type using the new native Vietnamese input because they have different key locations.

2. The English input mode is brilliant since it supports multiple hardware keyboard layouts; you can add a new layout just with a few simple clicks and switch between them easily. Why can't other language inputs (such as Japanese or Vietnamese) do the same thing? The Japanese input mode allows you to switch between English and Japanese layouts, but it requires a full system restart!

3. There's also this annoying bug: cloned words/characters when typing in 3rd party applications such as chrome.

I would appreciate greatly if the developers could take some time to look into these suggestions.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom